View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 07:56 AM
jdiane318

They are a store/warehouse. You can go in and shop as well as order on-line. They also sell on ebay. Our Project Linus group has been going there for about 4 years now, 2-3 times a year. We have had no issues with their fabric. Many of the fabrics you find there are in many local quilt shops, they carry a variety of brands. Someone wrote about thin/Wal-mart quality fabric, I haven't found that to be the case at Marshall's. One day we were able to go to the warehouse and buy fabric by the pound. I spend $18.06 and got 89 yards. They have $1 tables with flawed fabric, and it is either very visible to the eye or not but who can't get a $1's worth of use out of the fabric. I got a great piece of turquoise blender that had a small white stripe on the edge by the selvage. Very minimal. Their blenders are comparable to Moda, $3.99 a yard. I have used lots of their batiks with no problems. We go down on Friday after Thanksgiving for our Black Friday and shop. The had all kinds of Christmas fabric for $1.99 a yard. I found some Peanuts gang fabric with Linus and it was marked at $2.99, it is a licensed print, and ended up getting it or a $1 a yard because there was faded ink close to the selvage. I bought all of it. I like the fact they carry 60" width for backing the quilts. I don't like pieceing the backs, and it saves time and money.