View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 09:19 AM
so-sew

Thanks! I just walked in the door with her and I have to say I thrilled as well as a little disappointed when I met her. Body wise, she looks great and the box isn't as bad as some I've seen, just needs new hinges. It's scuffed at the corners and I'll see if there is any way to treat that. The problem is that there is no bobbin case, only one bobbin, the cord needs replacing, no manual, no light bulb, needs a new belt, and all the rubber foot pads are hard and crumbly. I don't have the manual to consult to see if all the assessories are present, but I'm pretty sure there are quite a few missing. And have I mentioned that this machine is caked with grime and gunk? I couldn't test her because she was so dirty, and the wires are bare in a spot, but the handwheel moves freely, although a bit sticky from being stuck away for so long. I think I'm the second owner as the man said he thinks it was his wife's mother's machine. I think I'll post a photo before and after her revamping. Stay tuned......:)