View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 09:35 AM
butterflywing

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
I have the Artista 630e also. I love my machine. However I bought my machine used on e-bay(I've had it 2 years almost and it had almost no time on the sewing and no time at all on the EM unit) so the software I got with it for the embroidery is outdated and I have not learned how to use it yet and cause it's outdated, there are no classes offered at my LQS (which sells Bernina's) in that software. ( It came with the Editor 4 lite) I have done a little embroidery but mostly what's already on the machine and then (slowly) imputing the information for labels directly on the machine. I need to learn how to use the software and be able to manipulate stuff and then I can use my USB stick I bought for my machine.

I love having all the stitches, and the needle down, and I have used the BSR foot a couple times on quilts, plan to use it a lot more. I hope you really enjoy your machine and take the classes on learning the software before it becomes outdated!!!
get intouch with them and explain how much you love it, but you would like to be able blah, blah....... tell them how sad that the the software is outdated and what can you do?

mostly they are very helpful. and they want to hear you say "i know you can help me with this" and "i can't wait to tell my friends how helpful you've been"., and "i love this machine so much. i've been telling all my friends and my forum to get this one". you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.