View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Gerbie

Originally Posted by Marion T
My husband retired a few years ago, and grumped around that he was bored, so I suggested that he try his hand at patchworking - never thought he would take me up on it!! I taught him everything I knew, and now he is better than me!! Below is a quilt he made for his sister, (a man who never sewed a button on in his life!!). A quilting friend remarked that it was great, and she loved the "masculine" colours. Well, his next effort was his idea of proving that there is no gender bias in patchwork! He does his own quilting too. He uses my stuff, makes a mess, is quite unconventional in the way he cuts, but boy its great to be married to someone who never complains about my fabricologist research centre - unless I don't have a fabric he is looking for!!!

John does beautiful work. I love the quilt he made for his sister. But I am sure your quilts are just as pretty as his, where are yours? Glad to see that he has something to occupy his time with retirement. Ask me how I know this. I was quilting before I retired, and after first retiring, I worked part time until this year. If I didn't have quilting to keep me sane, I would definitely go stark raving mad, with nothing but housework to do, and I hate doing that, however it really needs doing right now.
Tell John to keep up the great work!!