Old 04-19-2011, 02:52 AM
hobbykat1955

Originally Posted by irishrose
When I took a FMQ class, AnnieRose sewed perfectly, but I pulled the fabric too hard and clipped the needle plate so I changed the needle. She started breaking threads. The instructor said to try another needle. Annie was perfect again. The first and third needles were Singers, the middle one a Schmetz. I duplicated the results at home the next day because personally, I prefer the Schmetz and didn't really want to have to bother with two brands. AnnieRose hasn't been fussy about bobbins until this week. When a reproduction bobbin is in the tension will go screwy periodically. With my lone original bobbin, never. FMQ with one bobbin isn't any harder than with multiple bobbins unless you are changing colors. Somehow I don't think i willbe able to find any more original bobbins. I will look for a different repro. April1930s' are tiny bit thicker than the original.
They do make two diff bobbins for the 301. I just had my 301 serviced...just found her at a tag sale...she needed work and a bobbin case. the bobbin case he sold me was made in China and needs a slightly diff thickness bobbins which are more expensive .25 each...The bobbin case made in Japan he said uses anything. He had two diff types of bobbins.