Old 04-19-2011, 04:12 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Grandmother23
I cleaned my Spartan this morning, not a "Billy" clean, but just an oil and goop one. This one must never have been cleaned of lint in the 51 years of its life. Threaded it, wound a bobbin, and sewed. I'm not real sure on the tension as I need more practice with this part. My problem comes in with the stitch regulator. I can turn the knob and move it up and down and then turn the knob to set the stitch length. When I sew the vibration makes the knob move up and the stitch length gets shorter and shorter. A couple of the braces it sits on is chipped so it does not sit square in the base but I think this has nothing to do with the stitch regulator and the vibration of the machine. I really like this little machine and it is another one I will definitely sew on. So any help is appreciated. Think I will now go pick Blackberries. :lol:
Grandmother23, I bet your vibration has a lot to do with those chipped braces under that machine. I found a Spartan last spring with the same problem. My DH made new little braces for the inside of that little case to give my machine something level and solid to sit on. It sewed perfect after that.

Nancy