View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 07:26 PM
cutebuns
Power Poster

They are not colors I would pick for me, but my 11 year old just loves them. I even had a 14 year old offer to adopt it. I have a lot of fun doing the embroidery work. There is just so much you can do with it. it brings a whole new aspect to it. Though not all my quilts end up with it. I have never done the same quilt twice. Though my mom did copy one I did for the other bunk in my nephews room. And I have only done one or two that I have copied from a magazine. I have a binder that has a large selection of blocks in it and I go through the book and try to pick ones that I think will go together. So far I have done a pretty good job of it. Some times it gets me in trouble though, Like when I did my sisters quilt, shown in an earlier post, the one block is called Sarah's choice, that is her name, and the one I picked to go with it had so many pieces. And I was of course on a tight schedule to get it done. It helps to already have a large selection of fabric to look at. I love a good sale and tend to stock up and then don't need to worry about having to pay full price for it. I am finding a hard time with the batting though. Having enough on hand takes up a lot of space.

I am horrible for taking notes, though I would put stickies around the machine and table to give me hints when I am doing it, I would only have to do it once and then they would be there, if any one wants to volunteer for that.....