Old 04-19-2011, 05:35 AM
K.P.

Originally Posted by charismah
KP was asked to make a quilt for her friend. It is made from her deceased husbands shirts. K was able to get 2 quilts made from the shirts and she did a wonderful job. I think these are some of the prettiest memory quilts I have seen....I am honored to be a part of it.

I think all of my designs are pretty simple...I wanted to highlight the shirt material and let that shine and pop out. I also wanted to break up border designs from the center...so different designs in each section..texture. I love texture. I tend to do that with quilting .....and also with my personal fabric choices.

I quilted both of these quilts on my INNOVA. No pantograph or computer quilting.

I used Hobbs polydown batting in both quilts.

Thanks for looking.
Charisma, thanks so much for making these special for my dear friend, I sent the lind her and she is amazed how wonderful they turned out, thanks to your quilting. She is fun to be with and always joking around. After she dried her tears, she said these quilts might be the best memory she has of her husband...your work is wonderful!