View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 11:56 AM
cmw0829

Originally Posted by raedar63
Finance you say? I had no idea you could do this, may be able to get me a nice machine after all, not that my 30 yr old kenmore has not been kind to me. I really would like to have a fancy new machine someday, I was eyeballing another post about a juki 20?? model it looked sooooo sweet!
Haha - your mind is racing, isn't it?!?!?

I went to an demo of the Bernina 830 and when the dealer said they were offering free 4-year financing and the monthly payment was more than my car payment, I said thanks but sorry.

But really, if we've worked hard and our financial positions allow, why shouldn't we be happy. And if you've worked in the home, trust me, your work is just as valuable.

This year, I took my year-end bonus and spent it on myself. For years, I'd scrimped and saved to pay off all the bills, pay off the mortgage and put money away to fully fund the kid's education. I bought myself three (yes, three!) sewing machines - sewing / embroidery, sewing for quilting and a class machine.

Do I feel guilty? Yes. Are they going back? No! As I said to DH, these are my last machines before the nursing home.

Enjoy!!!!!!