Old 04-19-2011, 01:31 PM
roselady

I am kind of where you are, only I have had mine part way done for at least 20 years. Now I look at the colors and think yuk, what was I thinking. My daughter recently asked me if I had finished that quilt, she said she would love to have it, she remembers helping me arrange the pieces, and pick out the colors. The pattern I used, had you sew the hex's together in rows, rather than in flowers, so the path is done as you go. As far as finishing it goes....I really love the english paper piecing method so that is not the reason I don't want to finish mine...I just don't like the fabrics I used ('80's colors) and since it is done in rows, if I suddenly started with new fabrics there would be an obvious line of old and new. All that to say that I think I have come up with a solution. I am going to finish to a point of having a center of "flowers" then start adding borders, my pattern has a border that looks like a picket fence, I found a large floral that will match to add another border. I won't have wasted all that time just to let it sit unfinished, but I won't have to do too many more flowers to get it to a point of finishing. Knowing my daughter wants it will make it easier to finish. All this rambling probably doesn't help you a bit.