Old 04-19-2011, 02:47 PM
Vintage Bicycle

Hi All,

I am in the process of researching new sewing machines - and what a process it is!!! I'm sure you all have been asked these types of questions SO many times that you're tired of it, but I need help!

Okay - I'm looking at Pfaff, Bernina, and possibly Elna... I've heard wonderful things about Pfaff, so that's the direction I'm leaning (Berninas are SO expensive and I've heard mixed reviews on Elnas)...

*** I just realized that I forgot to add Husqvarnas to the list - I am looking into those too, but I don't know much about their machines and which model would be best for quilting***

If you could spare a moment, let me know:

1.) What machine you have
2.) What you love about it
3.) What you don't love about it
4.) How much you paid for it (I know this may be a rude question, but I just really need to know what a "good deal"is on these machines... I walk into a dealer and feel like I'm a sitting duck!!!)

I feel like you are all the best people possible to ask - quilters! I will be using the machine primarily for quilting. Large throat space and smooth, even FMQing are a couple of things that are important to me when quilting.

THANK YOU so much (in advance) for your help and advice :D