View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 03:00 PM
candi

Linda Ann...glad you are back and feeling well.

I got all 36 blocks enlarged to 10" today. Number 22 looks extremly scary...I just may do my own simple version on that one,lol. Meanwhile, I picked out some fabrics for block 9 and will attempt to work on it as I can this week...which will be very busy between work and Holy Week serivices at Church...but hey keeps me sane!

I do have a question about embroidery though, I haven't picked out my thread for that yet...I'll be attempting hand embroidery and want to get the first block done to see what color to use, but my question is about the DMC floss...it seems as there are different kinds at places like JoAnn's and Michaels, I have no clue which to buy...any pointers out there? Also, what kind of needle for that? I have some needles that say "Embroidery" and it is a pack of different sizes, is that what I use and how do I tell the size I should be using?
Thanks for the help, ladies. When I say I know nothing about sewing, itis so true! And no one in my famly does either, lol, how did we survive :mrgreen: :?: