Old 04-19-2011, 03:20 PM
DogHouseMom

Janome 6600 - love the accufeed (integrated walking foot) especially for strip piecing. larger (9") throat space. Needle up/down stop at the touch of a button. Knee lift. Also has thread cutter and needle threader but I dont' use these options a lot. A good amount of decorative stitches and alphabet. Don't like the fussyness of the machine with regard to what thread I use - I have to figit with the tension every time I change thread. Paid $700 used.

Huskvarna Lily 535 - love the beautiful perfectly straight stiches, smoothness of the machine, and the fact that I can feed it practically any thread in any stitch and rarely have to change the tension - it just goes. Has a good amount of decorative stitches. No other bells and whistles though. I have no idea what I paid because it was a gift from my husband several years ago. The only thing I don't like about the machine is that I'm hearing it can sometimes be hard to get parts - they've been bought out by Singer and moved manufacturing from Sweden to China now (got mine when it was still made in Sweden). I called the dealer I got mine from yesterday to ask him about something else and he informed me that he will no longer be selling Husky's because he's tired of his customer's getting mad because they have to wait so long for parts. So you might want to think about that. it's too bad because I adore the machine, I just hope I don't need to rely on getting parts for it!!