Old 04-19-2011, 03:29 PM
cctx.

1.) What machine you have:

(5) sewing machines.
Janome, Singer 301A Long bed, 401A Singer/cabinet/bench, Sears Kenmore/vintage, & Singer Serger
2.) What you love about it:

Love all of them because they are functional and make it easier for me to get my projects done, but my favorite is the 401A Singer.
3.) What you don't love about it:

on my 301A the paint's chipping off (cosmetic complaint) and it needs a new Bobbin case/case holder, the Janome is not put out for heavy duty sewing like the Singers, so it sits collecting dust. The 401A needs the bobbin winder fixed, but I use the other machines for winding my bobbins and the Singer Serger is noisy, and you have to keep the blade oiled if you're going to use it all day long.

4.) How much you paid for it (I know this may be a rude question, but I just really need to know what a "good deal"is on these machines... I walk into a dealer and feel like I'm a sitting duck!!!):

For the Janome $250.00, the 301A Singer $20.00 and invested over $60.00 for sewing foot pedal and miscellaneous parts, the 401A $80.00 (my favorite baby too....!) and the Singer Serger $212.00