Old 04-19-2011, 04:00 PM
GwynR

I have a Pfaff quilt expressions 2044 and a Bernina 380. I love them both. The Pfaff is a few years old, what I love most about it are the IDT, needle up down, and some of the stitches I could just not live without at this point! It also has a low bobbin sensor, very useful! It was about $1600 going on 9 years ago. The Bernina was about $1700 about 3.5 months ago. Just got the walking foot for it and love it though I hate taking it off and on, it works beautifully! I love the way the bobbin winds, and of course it has needle up down. What I do not like about Pfaff is the service here. 6 weeks to get serviced!!! I never took any of the free classes with it because I was uncomfortable with the people in the store. They were not very friendly. Bernina on the other hand, I just can't stay away from that place! I am taking every free class they offer. Plus you get 10% off on fabric for a year! I very much love both machines and if I had it to do over, I would have to go with Bernina. Not because the machine is better but it comes with better friendlier service! I also have a Singer from the 60's. It is very basic and I barely use it. Too many nice features on the others that I can't live without these days!