Thread: FMQ Machine
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 04:35 PM
Dolphyngyrl

Babylock Espire (now the Symphony), I love mine, and brothers and babylocks are the most user friendly of the brands from what I hear, and also generally a lot more affordable. You can do it with any machine, but what I like about the espire, pivoting feature(the presser foot raises with needle still in fabric) great for changing directions, needle down feature, automatic fabric thickness sensor, knee lift, can sew without presser foot, large work area, lots of decorative stitches, automatic thread cutter, comes with lots of feet and accessories. Sews like a dream. I highly recommend test driving one. There are a lot of good machines out there, can't tell you about them, but i just don't have anything negative to say about my machine. You can even sew jean material no problem, the ankle on the zig zag foot adjusts for the thicknesses. As for the FMQ I am still practicing, stitches are nice when i don't go to fast, still getting the hang of it. No tension problems for me yet. I haven't even used all my features, but as my skills grow, I will grow into my machine