View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Snorky Lvs2Quilt

I haven't been sewing for a while during tax season. I work at a tax office and by the time I get home in the evenings I really couldn't focus my eyes on trying to cut or sew accurate seams. In anticipation of tax season being over, I decided to take my sewing machine in for servicing and to get my needle threader fixed (eyes are not what they used to be, lol). Got the machine back two weeks ago and didn't use it until today.....my first day back to the ongoing quilt class at my LQS. Hit the needle down button to start sewing and the machine made a loud noise and locked up. I rushed back to the shop where it was repaired and they looked at it and said they didn't realign the new needle threader, so they fixed that and back to class I rushed hoping to get a lot of sewing done in the afternoon. As soon as I started sewing again the machine started making a lot of rattling noises. The faster I sewed the louder the noise. It was sounding like something was going to come flying off the machine. So now I have to make another trip to the shop tomorrow morning. The machine was just fine before I brought it in for servicing. No noises and it ran so smoothly. Hopefully it isn't anything serious and I can really get some serious sewing done. Anyway, I am so frustrated. I was so excited to get back to my sewing....... Oh well, guess there are more serious problems in the world than my sewing machine. Thanks for listening.