Old 04-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Elsie Blight

You know that is a great idea! I have looked at the felting machines, but didn't want to buy new machine. Wouldn't it be cool if we could convert a treadle to our felting machine -- just make one of our treadles a specialized one?

Nancy[/quote]

Nancy, pleased you think it's a good idea...several people I've mentioned it to have given me a strange look. Then again they probably don't understand my need to have so many sewing machines either.

Not having done felting in the past, it's hard to know how much I would use a dedicated felting machine and therefore didn't want to have heaps of $$$'s tied up in a machine that might not get a lot of use...this was the reason I bought the Singer 99 recently then discovered what a little beauty it was when I got it home. Didn't open the case when I handed over the $5.50 because I only wanted a 'working' machine which didn't need to do anything more than go up and down!! LOL Since then I've been given another three machines, one being the Capri and the other two I haven't seen yet as my son got them on Freecycle in his local area.

The felting adapter, a 6pack of spare needles and postage (Downunder) was $62 which I thought was OK and much cheaper than a dedicated felting machine which cost several hundred $$'s.

Bronwyn ;-)[/quote]

Hi Bronwyn
that sounds great you will have to post pictures when you can also can you tell me how you went about getting the felting adapter as l would like one
Elsie Blight
you can pm me if you like