Old 04-19-2011, 06:32 PM
HanNatNana

Hi Bronwyn
that sounds great you will have to post pictures when you can also can you tell me how you went about getting the felting adapter as l would like one
Elsie Blight
you can pm me if you like[/quote]

G'day Elsie

I haven't got the machine that I will convert to felting it's in Sydney at my son's house, he got it on Freecycle for me along with another machine so once I get them home I can decide which one will be used, then I can post photos.

For now I've attached a photo of the adaptor from the eBay listing #400209297275 I also bought a 6 x pack of spare needles as I like to have spares, jic!! Full instructions come with the kit as well as a piece of foam that you cut and put into the bottom of the machine where the bobbin case etc used to be. This is why it's best to use a clunker...as long as the motor runs and the needle shaft goes up and down that's all you need. Probably best (imho) not to use a 'good' machine.

With our $$ being so good against the US$ atm now is a good time to buy because it will cost less than the listed US price. The lady is really quick to mail, mine arrived in 7 or 8 days which is normal with parcels etc from the US.

What I like about this adaptor is that you can use between 1 & 6 needles if you want...also if you break one needle that's all you need to replace, whereas some felting systems have a 5 (or 6) needle head and if one needle is broken you need to replace the whole head.

Hope this helps?

Bronwyn ;-)

Felting Adaptor fitted with 6 x barbed needles
[ATTACH=CONFIG]186611[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-186605.jpe