Old 04-19-2011, 07:01 PM
Dolphyngyrl

Babylock Espire(now Symphony)
What I love about it
1.pivoting feature(presser foot raises when sewing is stopped with needle down, you can pivot fabric where you like it, just press foot pedal, presser foot automatically lowers and starts sewing again)
2. knee lifter
3. sewing without foot pedal can be done
4. AHA-automatic height adjuster( automatically detects fabric thickness for perfect tension during sewing so you get nice even stitches)
5. lots of accessories including 3 FMQ feet, straight stitch needle plate, large quilting table, cone thread stand, and a walking foot
6. lots of decorative stitches & satin stitches
7. automatic thread cutter
8. Super easy needle threader( I swear a kid could do it)
9. bobbin winder super easy
10. stitches beautifully
11. very user friendly(directions are even on the LCD for threading and such if you don't want to get your manual out)
12. sews thick fabrics well
13. lots of work space
14. sews quietly
15. Low bobbin indicator(will let you know before you run out))
16. can save stitch patterns
17. can lock the screen so while your sewing someone can't change the stitch on accident
18. never had any tension issues
19. fabric does not get sucked into needle plate like on my other machine( has 7 point feed dogs for more accurate sewing)
20. sure there's more but only had it for a little over a year

What I don't love about it
the only thing i can think of is the lighting could be brighter, but i have an ott-lite so not an issue here, other than that not much of anything

Price paid 1800 for the machine at a dealer -came with free classes, was a quilt show model so got a good deal, barely used