View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 03:28 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

well, Joanne, I'm sorry the boys are moving six hours away, bc you seem to not only be very loving, but intuitive and you use the understanding we all started with...it goes away, if not used.
My oldest daughters MIL works with children with special needs and she is awesome at it.
She actually gets very tickled at times by some of her experiences. One little girl that is 11, but acts a lot like 6 at times, was told to do something and she wasn't being compliant. Phyllis had to warn her. The little girl said, "why don't you call the po-po, ho?" Her assistant heard this too, but was able to keep her composure, Phyllis managed to make it out of the room just before she exploded in laughter.
It takes a lot of patience, but Phyllis says she actually prefers to work with these kids, bc she understands that they have all kinds of problems they didn't ask for, whereas, some of the mainstreamed children, choose to act out on purpose.
It drives me crazy to hear ppl get on tv and say they did 'tests' proving that sugar etc. has no different affect on children/ppl than other foods. Well there are a lot of ways to do clinical trials and obviously it wasn't a broad range of children etc. bc I have seen kids firsthand that go from meek, mild and somewhat passive, to cookie crunching, curtain climbing, chandelier swingers after cookies and koolaid.
yes, there may be other factors involved besides just sugar, and that's the point. Foods are chemicals too.
Get constipated, change the flora of your intestines and see how peppy you are then,...your mood, your appetite, not to mention bloating and headaches, but don't take anything for it. Just snap out of it. :wink: