Old 04-20-2011, 05:15 AM
juliea9967

I have the Pfaff Creative Vision 5.0 with the 5.5 software update. Have had it since it came out. I love my CV. I love the IDT (built in walking foot) that you use for most sewing. I love the all the different needle positions. I love the Grand Dream Hoop for embroidery (360 x 350 mm). I really love the beauty of the straight stitch. I love all the 9 mm stitches. I love the ability to design your own stitches on the machine. Also the ability to resize, move, adjust every which way, add to, etc. embroidery designs on the screen. It really is a great machine. They all have their little quirks, but mine works beautifully. What I paid for this machine is not relevant because I teach classes there 1 day a week and she gave it to me for 10% over her price.
I really feel that the most important thing about buying a machine is your dealer. Figure out the machine you think you want and then really check out the dealer. Do they offer free classes to learn the machine? Do they do in-house repairs or do they have to send it away? Are they really knowledgeable about the machine? Are they close enough so that you won't be inconvenienced if you do have to take it in? If the answer to any of these questions is maybe or no, I would pick another machine and then check out that dealer.
Have fun!