View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Scrap Happy

Originally Posted by running1
Love these!!! I'll be watching too, as I have a ton of denim cut up from jeans, old skirts, shirts, etc. How are you planning to quilt? Are you paper piecing or are you using a foundation piece? Do you know yet what you'll use on the back?
I put these 2 blocks together the same way you would do a crumb block, only a lot bigger. Am also working on a crumb quilt so I’ve got crumbs on the brain. I don’t usually like to work on 2 projects at once – but I am :-P I’m going to make it into a rag quilt.

Thank you everyone for your kind comments!

I’m using denim from DH’s jeans, my Dad’s (who passed away in 07), friends and some I picked up on craigs list & Hospice thrift store. Some of the jeans from Craigs list have stains (the lady through them in) and I’m cutting around the stains. Some of the stains are barely noticeable but can’t use them for DH’s quilt. So I’m setting them aside and will make doggie denim quilts from them.

I think I'll be 'marking' the blocks that have DH's and Dad's jeans by adding a button or something ... I'm open to suggestions anyone might have about this.