Old 04-20-2011, 04:07 PM
gramma mo

Originally Posted by jburress
I have a Brother Innov'is 4000D which I love. Before that I had a Pfaff which was one of the best machines I've ever had. When I had to get a new machine after lightening blew up my Pfaff, I went with the brother because it had so many features I wanted.
Wow! Sorry about the lightening!
I have both a little Brother XR7700, from Costco a few years ago for $149. I LOVE that it came with a quilting table, walking foot, 1/4" foot, 77 stitches, and the drop in bobbin. It's real lightweight so it's perfect to take with me to my weekly quilt group at church.
I recently bought a Pfaff C1100 Pro, because I wanted a heavier machine to leave on my sewing table at home that had a bigger throat. I paid about $1200 for it, but that was a special. I had to purchase the "quilter's kit" for $249 which included the table, and 5 feet. That was a good price for what I got:) I love the built-in walking foot (Dual Feed System)- that's what sold me on it - along with the 9 1/2" throat. I really like the machine, but I've never used the knee control, and I prefer a drop in bobbin. When I did my research, I read several websites that said if you want all these features for less money, get a Brother. I have to admit - my two machines are VERY similar. BUT, the Pfaff has the big throat, and with quilting, that's pretty nice.