View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 06:50 PM
CajunQuilter2

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Originally Posted by cizzors
I know I'm a biatch when it comes to pups/dogs. I've had 2 well taken care of stray pups come into my life. The schnauzer was 6 mos old. Like you, if it was my dog, I would have torn this town apart looking for him. I refused to put an ad in the paper although I did watch it. Nothing. I kept him.

Last September, my DH found a 5lb chihuahua behind a 6' chain link fence when he pulled into work. Claws were awful and she wasn't spayed (in fact, pregnant-lost the pup). She seemed to have been carried everywhere. The only step I took with this one was to see if she was chipped-nope. After 2 wks I quit looking at the paper. She's got a good life now.

Bottom line, if you love and loose your dog, you'd better put an ad in the paper if I find her!
I know what you mean. I have had 4 strays come to my house over the years. The first was about a 2 month old puppy that my aunt took and had him for 15 years. The second one was a 3-4 yr old rat terrier male that was very very sick and literally on deaths door. We nursed him back to health and had him for 6 years. The 3rd is my avatar. She just wondered up to my house and after about 2-3 days just stayed.....she is my heart and my protector. I love her dearly. Not that I did not love my other one but sometimes there is just that one special one and that is her. Best guess was that she was about 2-2 yrs old when she came to us and we have had her for 11 years now.