Old 04-20-2011, 06:58 PM
leakus

1.) What machine you have
I am a Pfaff lover- I have a Tiptronic 2030 I bought 10 years ago for $1300- it was not top of the line back then. I have an Overlock and just this month I bought a Creative 2.0 because I wanted to embroidery.
2.) What you love about it
The IDF - Without knowing anything about machines 10 yrs ago and after researching I found this to be an feature I wanted to have. Pfaff was the only machine that have it so I bought it. Today 10 years later I learned how a great machine Pfaff is. so didn't doubt it when needed the overlock and embroidery.
This new machine, teh Creative 2.0 has the embroidery unit- I bought it used at the dealer, it was barely used, I paid $3000 but it comes with all the clases and help I might need for ever. I already went twice on a Saturday to learn how to use it and I am so hapy with my purchase.
I love applique, a feature this machine has that teh old one didn't is that when using the needle down position, the foot lifts a little bit so you can tilt the fabric. I kept the tiptronic for piecing but I am using it less and less now.
3.) What you don't love about it
Nothing yet! the old one- the Tiptronic has the buttons to select the stitches and letters on the horizontal part of the machine and at times you hit them with your elbow and might saw and break a needle. The new machines have the buttoms in front of you. As for the Creative 2.0 I would like to have a bigger screen, this one is a 2x2, very small but my budget would let me go for the Creative 4.0 or Creative Vision that have the bigger screen.