Old 04-20-2011, 07:02 PM
vschieve

It is great that all of the Bernina owners love and are so devoted to their "one and only". But I had to laugh LOL when I watched the video of the big tada intro of the big 830 here in the U.S. when they rolled the drums literally that they have now a built in walking foot??? I mean it was a BIG honkin' deal, and I thought WHAT? Pfaff has had one since the 1970s, when the Pfaff 1222 models came out with IDT. I noticed there were other features they were tada-ing about that were already on the Pfaff Creative Vision 5.5 and BTW IDT comes on all the Pfaffs; Bernina just on top of the line so I've heard.

Also I heard from two different dealers that the Bernina's are not as user friendly as the Pfaff and the Brother. One of the sales ladies works in a store that sells only Brother and Bernina and she bought herself the Brother Quattro. But again, hats off to the Bernina fans that love and can use their machines just fine.

But I have to say that if you find your "true love" machine than go for it, no matter what the make. As quilters and sewers our machine is our vehicle, whether a Cadillac or VW, and we go for what gets the job done at the price we can pay.