Old 04-20-2011, 08:19 PM
madamekelly

Originally Posted by Maggiesmom
I have 2 brother machines which I absolutely love. I also have an older Janome machine that is a workhorse but is pretty much a basic machine. There are several Brother machines that are reasonably priced and also Janome's. If there is a Brother dealer near you they often have very good bargains on used machines. You could pick up a good machine for $500 to $600 new and used even better. I have never had maintenance problems with my machines.

I have no experience with a Pfaff; but I agree that Berninas are way over priced.
I also have 2 Brother machines-
I have the basic, not computerized, 10 years old, never in the shop, works as well as when new. ($150.00)

I just last year bought my Brother NZ-650 quilting machine. What is does- 429 stitches, 10 spot stitch saver memory, 3 Alphabets, Wide table. sideways feed, 10 buttonholes, custom stitch function, automatic tension, up to a 5mm stitch, Knee lift, thread cutters(2), push button needle treading, walking foot, quilting foot, FMQ foot, and 5 other feet (I haven't used them yet) and speed control.
What I don't like- blue and white instead of Pink :mrgreen: And it's not built in (yet).
Cost- $1,000
Would I buy it again? YES
Would I recommend it? YES
:thumbup: