View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 10:21 PM
sewtruterry

Originally Posted by newestnana
Originally Posted by Roberta
I had the exact same problem with my Janome. It worked just fine when I took it to the shop for a cleaning. When I got it home I just put it on the table and continued to use my FW. When I finally took it out to sew again it made horrible cluncking noises and then started skipping stitches. It's in a different shop this time for repair but I'm angry that I had to spend $90 for "cleaning" plus they messed up the bobbin holder so I had to purchase another of those as well, $35 at their shop. If I had just taken it out and sewn when I got it home I could have taken in back then but they insist they did everything right and I must have "damaged" it at home. :evil:
I'll be very interested in what fixes the skipping stitches thing.
Sometimes skipping stitches can be solved very easily by changing the thread that you are using or by changing the needle but if those don't work and "IF YOUR MACHINE IS ONE THAT REQUIRES OILING" then oil it because a dry machine will skip stitches as will one that needs the timing adjusted. As far as the original problem stated it sounds as if perhaps the take up lever was perhaps slightly bent (causing noise as it hits on the inside of the machine) or when the needle was lowered to start sewing with "the needle threader not in the right position" you may have thrown the timing off. Hope this helps in diagnosing your machine.