View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 01:19 AM
Gerbie

Originally Posted by so-sew
Well, here is the fruit of my labor. I'm off to rob a bank since all the scrubbing has left me with no ridges on the pads of my fingers....Why Birdie you ask? She's named after a petite and thoroughly loveable character in my favorite novel of all time "Some Wildflower in My Heart" by Jamie Langston Turner. And of course there is the Birdie-Feather correlation. I love her, this long awaited little gem. And I believe I grow so much more attached to a machine when I have to work long and hard at revealing her true beauty. :thumbup:
I forgot to add that as beautiful as she looks, I have no idea whether she sews a stitch. The cords are frayed and needing replacement before a trial run. She does turn over smooth as silk when I turn the handwheel, so I hope that's a good sign of things to come.
Are you sure that the two pictures are of the same machine? lol. She looks beautiful. The after pics. (Looks like Cinderella, or the Ugly Duckling.) You did an outstanding clean up job. Sore fingers will be soon forgotten when you get her rewired and start sewing. You can listen to her softly "tweet". You did good friend.