View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 05:46 AM
QuiltNama

I take cash for small purchases, restaurants, and water. Everything else credit card or bank card. Use a small bag that fits around the neck with cell phone, cards and small amount of cash as you hands will be busy with looking and buying. Go to the downtown area as they have many shops with books, thread and notions as well as fabric that seem to be a bit cheaper than a lot of the booths at the show. The whole town turns out for this 4 day event, it is a lot of fun but take lots of pictures as you will have creative overload and forget a lot of stuff. If possible go to the Show of Eleanore Burns, it is lots of fun and she signs books as well as gets her picture taken with you. Find a good parking spot and take the shuttle buses that run, been there quite a few times and just park in the down town. Chances are it will be warm, so dress comfortable with a light sweater or jacket that you can take off. Go with a few ideas in mind for things to look for or you will come home with wayyyyymore that you intended to. Ask me how I know that one!!!!It will be the most crazy fun and exhausting 4 days that you will spend. So many ideas and so little time. Enjoy
Brenda