View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 06:36 AM
Sandygirl

Originally Posted by oldswimmer
Is your cutting table a Kitchen island? and did you buy it or put one together?

Love your space. I like the little "paper dolls" quilt in the background too....at least I think it looks like those!
Thanks for the inspiration. I really needed that this morning. VERY NICE space!
In 2000 I remodeled my kitchen and bought this kitchen island on casters from a big box Lowe's type of store..it was Lowes or Home Depot ..I forget. Then I moved and thought that due to the height and casters and storage, it would make a perfect cutting table! my 24 x 36 cutting mat fits perfectly with some room to spare. I just love it! Check out Sears, Penneys, Lowes, etc for "kitchen islands". If you want to customize one, check out Canadel in the furniture stores. There are lots of portable kitchen islands on the market. Just do a "search".

Yes, those are the paper dolls from a few years back. My mom was in a nursing home and she always loved paper dolls. So, I made this wallhanging for her. I lost mom in late 2009 but I smile when I think of how she always loved paper dolls and how she shared her love of them with her girls and grand daughter. Betsy McCall comes to mind!

sandy