View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 06:57 AM
melodyr

They take plastic, and yes, everyone should have a shielded sleeve for any of their cards, wherever you go...thieves even go to grocery stores these days. ATMs are conveniently placed around the venue too...some vendors will even take a personal check! Some folks even throw another pair of comfy shoes in their bag to switch out...it really helps. Wheeled carts/totes are not allowed in the display area, but there is a fantastic package check manned by volunteers in the lobby of the CC.(scooters, walkers and wheelchairs are the only devices allowed) I carry a shoulder tote that I stuff small purchases in, with my small wallet. (big enough for d.licence, cards and some cash) Take a small notebook and pen! It is priceless. The show book has the quilter's name and a description of each quilt, but you always need extra when you see them yourself. I always take a picture of a quilt and then another one of the show tag. If you can't see the number, it is hard to match up your pictures with the book when you get home, since it is just text.There are many seating ares inside the show and in the big vendor tent...you can also purchase snacks in the lobby.(fruit, water, small cold sandwiches...even peel and eat shrimp)I carry a bottle of water and a few PB crackers. The food tent outside has all sorts of food...KY bar-b-q, fresh strawberry shortcake (sold by the boy scouts)drinks, and many types of sandwiches.

Ask anything you want...I'll find an answer! Oh, yeah...go by the MAQS YoYo's table in the lobby and get a $1 chance on the quilt they are raffling off...this year it is done with batik fabric and is stunning! (Mom is a YoYo)