Old 04-21-2011, 08:52 AM
stitchofclass2

I finally had the opportunity to get back to making sheets for soldiers and am having nothing but trouble with my Pfaff 2040. This is not a new problem. I have had it in for service twice but it is still skipping stitches when I zig zag, which I have to do to sew down the butterfly on my sheet. I am struggling with the tension also. I have tried everything. I have experimented with top tension and it looks okay when straight stitching but when zig zagging it is still showing thread either on top or back. I adjusted the bobbin tension, which I really hate to fool with but just so frustrated. Looked good on straight stitch but zig zags are awful. I finally gave up and just sewed it the way it was. I am using gold thread on the back (the sheet is gold) and black on the outline of the butterfly because it is black. Looks awful but I just have to get some of these done or they will sit here and haunt me and I won't enjoy my other projects. I have sheets to decorate so am going to have to do something different on the rest than this one.

Here is my post http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-114757-1.htm

Would love to see what others are doing and find out how it is going for them.