Old 04-21-2011, 10:14 AM
charismah
Banned

TJ sent me this quilt for long arm quilting :thumbup:

She trusted me to quilt it however I wanted. I discussed with her actually quilting the blocks. Usually, I would veer away from quilting over anyone's applique and in this case hand sewn vintage blocks. But TJ had stabilized these and I knew if I could just quilt in the center of each flower it would make those petals "pop" out. I love it when an element of a quilt can pop out..it's like it just comes to life when that happens.

I stippled in the background of the blocks and the final border. I was thinking about why I like stipple with vintage so much?

..... It is always my first instinct with vintage blocks. This is what I came up with....stipple to me feels comfy and cozy. Whenever a quilt is stippled I just think..love and warmth. Isn't that what we think of with vintage blocks. How our great grandmother lovingly stitched those by hand, on a cold winter day, by the fire?

See what a daydreamer I am? LOL Everything is so sunshine and roses when it comes to quilting...I always tend to find a sentimental reason for everything.

Back to quilt.....

I quilted leaves in the sashings....I am beginning to think this is my most favorite design. It just fits in with so many patterns and fabrics. This case is no different...the leaves look great! SO I am truly honored to be a part of this quilting process! Thanks TJ!

I used HObbs polydown batting.

I quilted this freehand on my INNOVA. No pantograph or computer quilting.

Thanks for looking.

back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]187221[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-187212.jpe   attachment-187213.jpe   attachment-187214.jpe   attachment-187215.jpe