Old 04-21-2011, 01:01 PM
insgal62

I am so excited!! I wanted to do something nice for my friend from church who constantly runs me to the doctor for spinal injections, so I bought her a gift certificate for a nice dinner with her husband. So I told her the gift included keeping her 10 year old daughter while they went out. My friend told me she thought her daughter who is extremely crafty and creative, might like to try her hand at quilting!! I teach quilting and boy did that get me excited!! Her daughter Madison and I went out today and picked out the rest of the fabric we needed (after raiding my huge stash) to make this colorful kids quilt and we are starting on it next weekend. Madison is really excited to do this and I told her when she finishes it we will post it here for everyone to see. I love seeing children be so eager to learn something new. How fun is that??? Her Dad told her it would be so cool to see her be able to do something Mom can't do!! Mom can't even sew on a button!! Can't wait until she gets it done so we can show it off!!