View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 04:16 PM
softpatches

Ok ladies I need all your input---I have a wonderful Janome 6600 that I bought mainly for applique and quilting.
The problem is that I bought it after I had bought a Brother 1500Q. I loved the Brother for quilting but it is only a straight stitch machine so I had to drag out my Bernina 930 just to do applique. I truely love that machine also but it is sooooo heavy and for just one chore it's loads of work. After using the Janome 6600 to quilt, I realized I had gotten spoiled to the speed of the Brother quilter so I now drag it out to quilt. I am thinking of selling the Janome and the Bernina, my husband say's he will believe it when it happens, and buying a machine just for applique. I really want one that does great applique for raw edge and turned edge and it would be great if it was easy to handle. I really would like a stop/start button, auto thread clip and needle down postion.
I know I'm not asking for much, :) so bring it on. Oh yes money is an object but I really want that great stitch and hope this will be a last purchase.
THX in advance,