Old 04-21-2011, 04:56 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

I have a beagle -Maggie- who is almost 13 yrs old. I inherited a German shorthaired pointer-Molly- from my son. He wanted me to house train her when she was 4 mos and then he didn't want her back! So we kept her. I had never had this breed before but she is THE most stubborn breed I have ever tried to train. It took me 4 YEARS to get her to give in to me. I have trained alot of dogs to obedience but this dog takes the cake.

She now will walk on command and will obey on command as long as she is in the house. Outside she knows I can't reach her and she refuses all tactics including shock collars tho I don't like them.

Well she eats everything in sight. So as my DH is handicapped and falls alot if not careful she can't run the house. So she and her sister are on leashes in the house and are contained. They go outside several times a day and run in the closed in backyard.

I bought Maggie a bed the first time. Molly got ahold of it and ate it. Green fuzzy stuff everywhere!!! I threw it away and got Maggie a new one.

Maggie likes to be close to me so she will pull her bed over by my feet which puts it in range for Miss Molly to reach it and she steals it!! Any way several beds later including one or two I bought especially for Miss Molly we are now the proud owners of another new bed for Maggie and Miss Molly has been allowed to keep the last torn up bed she destroyed yesterday. Despite the fact that I tied it so Maggie couldn't move it and Molly supposedly couldn't reach it!!! Somehow Maggie got it close enough for Molly to reach.

So Molly also breaks her leashes /chains/web leads/ etc all the time. Soooo I went to town bought Maggie's newest bed yesterday and I bought a length of cable with all the hardware. Came home and made a 4' leash out of the cable and now Molly is not able to break or chew through(at least it will take her some time!) and Maggie has her new bed tied tightly so her sister can't steal it!! WE HOPE!! LOL

Here is Molly in Maggie's bed waiting to be discovered!!! She used to steal batting and fabric I would forget and leave too close to her and then she would sit in the middle of it and wait of me to find her that way! Silly dog!!!

Good Golly Miss Molly in her sister Maggie's bed!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]187347[/ATTACH]

This is the new one I bought 2 weeks ago! Now destroyed
[ATTACH=CONFIG]187348[/ATTACH]

Maggie stretching into her bed
[ATTACH=CONFIG]187349[/ATTACH]

Maggie happy in her new bed again
[ATTACH=CONFIG]187350[/ATTACH]

Molly at peace at least for awhile! Her crossed at the ankle feet are the only lady like thing about her! LOL I am always telling her she is supposed to be a lady not a tomboy!! LOL
[ATTACH=CONFIG]187353[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-187341.jpe   attachment-187342.jpe   attachment-187343.jpe   attachment-187344.jpe   attachment-187347.jpe