Old 04-21-2011, 08:45 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
I love all the new machines you all are adopting, and Billy-- so sorry about the storm damage. We had bad tornadoes here too, but thankfully, no damage at our place.

I have been making ruffles on my Lotus tonight, and am just amazed at the mechanical wonder that the ruffler is. I feel blessed to have a back-clamping one that came with my machine. In about 30 minutes I had a whole pile of beautiful ruffles that would have taken me hours to make by my old method of pulling up a running stitch and adjusting gathers. Can't believe how much better the OLD technology is, so USE YOUR WEIRD ATTACHMENTS, everybody! They are fun!
This summer I plan to use all the attachments that I have collected from my Singers and also the Davis NVF. I have two quilts that I just need to finish before I can play with all the attachments. Once when wandering around blog land one night, I found this lady who had used all her vintage attachments. She sews her own vintage clothes and does a beautiful job too. Well after reading her blog, I thought that trying out all the attachments that I own would make an interesting project between quilting projects. Have fun!