Old 04-21-2011, 08:50 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by HanNatNana
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
I have been making ruffles on my Lotus tonight, and am just amazed at the mechanical wonder that the ruffler is. I feel blessed to have a back-clamping one that came with my machine. In about 30 minutes I had a whole pile of beautiful ruffles that would have taken me hours to make by my old method of pulling up a running stitch and adjusting gathers. Can't believe how much better the OLD technology is, so USE YOUR WEIRD ATTACHMENTS, everybody! They are fun!
Did you finish the edges before ruffling? A rolled hem, specially on your overlocker gives a really nice finish. Rayon thread makes it ever nicer!

Many years ago I used to sew for an interior decorator and must have made kilometres of ruffles!! She had a thing for them and therefore attracted customers with similar ideas, but of course she never had to make them...I did!! Funny part was she didn't know about a ruffler foot and thought I was drawing threads my hand, and years later when she found out she was a little put out that I'd been making them much quicker and therefore getting a little more money than she thought she was paying...which by the way as a pittance anyway. Sometimes when you need extra $$$'s you do these things!!

Bronwyn ;-)
Yes, narrow rolled hem on the opposite side. The hemmer is a little wonder. That's funny about the decorator you worked for. I always hated making ruffles, but now they are easy!