Old 04-21-2011, 09:05 PM
vintagemotif

Well I did something I said I would never ever do. I purchased a machine off ebay. My latest is a Singer 328K, that I want to use in treadle. I like to finish off my bindings with a decorative stitch. I have been using my daughter's Threadbanger T-30 which can handle this type of work so far, but I have been worried about the machine being able to continue to handle this load since the machine has plastic parts. So, I have been on a hunt for a machine to use in treadle that has cams for decorative stitching. I do hope that this machine will work out well for what I wish to use it for.
Last night I cleaned it up and played with all the flat cams and decorative stitches by use of the motor. It worked well after I cleaned up the bobbin area. It had lots of old lint that was well hidden. I also had to vacuum out all the little white foam balls from the packing sheets that were used. Machine arrive undamaged, but the machine's bottom wasn't covered so all the little white foam balls from the packing sheets had traveled up into the inside of the machine.

Hank my new Singer 328K
[ATTACH=CONFIG]187401[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-187395.jpe