View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 09:05 PM
QuiltnCowgirl

Originally Posted by quilting.addict
Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
What a cool idea & combination of medias! Can't wait to see more. Hmmm...interested in doing one of my horse?
Do you like to color?? I trace the pattern on with graphite paper, onto the fabric. I use So Soft Paints and they are wonderful for quilting on them, thru them, or whatever. I am not a "draw-er"... at all. I look at the color photo and mix paints until I get the colors I need. If you enjoy coloring, that's really all this is, using acrylic paints. If you want a painting of your horse for a quilt center, you just want it not to be real large or the detail becomes to important. Here's the center of my iris quilt, when I started it
I am a great artist...in my head lol. Even from a picture there is no way I could draw, much less correctly color. Reason I tossed out the question (mostly in jest) is because I have an idea for a wallhanging using my QB username, and I thought it would be cool to include Dusty someway, even if just a photo of him transferred onto fabric. Then I saw your painted shoe and away went my imagination...with no skill to back it up...again LOL.