View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 08:25 AM
Ramona Byrd

I just ran into a picture of my youngest son's birthday, pre-party. At each birthday party kids were allowed 3 or 4 friends, and got to choose whatever they wanted for the party. And had to "help" make the cake. The picture showed big sister, 13, and son, 4, decorating the cake. At that moment son wanted the cake inside to be colored, so poured on some food coloring, which made the cake look like it was bruised from a beating!!! Plenty of frosting hid that, thankfully. And he wanted snails for lunch..too much nature TV about then. But after collecting his snails from the high school's hedges, he named them and then refused to eat them, so back we went to school and released Jimmy and John and Pete and George and Ralph (named after big sister's husband). Then I got snails in cans that came with lovely shells... Son was the only one who ate more than one snail, but all finished the hot dogs I had "just in case".
Those were the innocent days, now green stuff is all that is wanted after the single digit ages.