Old 04-22-2011, 08:27 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Well I did something I said I would never ever do. I purchased a machine off ebay. My latest is a Singer 328K, that I want to use in treadle. I like to finish off my bindings with a decorative stitch. I have been using my daughter's Threadbanger T-30 which can handle this type of work so far, but I have been worried about the machine being able to continue to handle this load since the machine has plastic parts. So, I have been on a hunt for a machine to use in treadle that has cams for decorative stitching. I do hope that this machine will work out well for what I wish to use it for.
Monica, what is wrong with the color? I think it is very pretty! Does that 328 have a space to attach a belt? It looks like maybe, but can't tell in the picture. Will you post pictures when you get 'Hank' in a treadle and let us know how well that works out! Congratulations, on your newest addition. I am excited to see how it works with that machine as a treadle.

Sharon is that the one you use in a treadle?

Nancy
Hank photographs better than he looks! My husband was surprised at the picture and commented that in the photo the top looks almost white when it's not at all. In my research, I found a could of blogs that showed the 328 in a treadle. The free manual online shows that it can be treadled. In front bottom right by the guide for the thread for the bobbin winding setup (hope that makes sense, sorry) is a plug that gets removed. All that is needed is the motor belt taken off, then the treadle belt is threaded through a back slot, up over the top wheel, and down through that front opening before stapling treadle belt (sewing the leather together with dental floss, like Sharon does). I think this must have been how Sharon, Purplefiend, did hers, but her machine is the 237 (I think), the zig-zag.