Old 04-22-2011, 08:32 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
I love all the new machines you all are adopting, and Billy-- so sorry about the storm damage. We had bad tornadoes here too, but thankfully, no damage at our place.

I have been making ruffles on my Lotus tonight, and am just amazed at the mechanical wonder that the ruffler is. I feel blessed to have a back-clamping one that came with my machine. In about 30 minutes I had a whole pile of beautiful ruffles that would have taken me hours to make by my old method of pulling up a running stitch and adjusting gathers. Can't believe how much better the OLD technology is, so USE YOUR WEIRD ATTACHMENTS, everybody! They are fun!
This summer I plan to use all the attachments that I have collected from my Singers and also the Davis NVF. I have two quilts that I just need to finish before I can play with all the attachments. Once when wandering around blog land one night, I found this lady who had used all her vintage attachments. She sews her own vintage clothes and does a beautiful job too. Well after reading her blog, I thought that trying out all the attachments that I own would make an interesting project between quilting projects. Have fun!
Regarding that blog from the gal that did use all of her old attachments, did you happen to bookmark that site? I did recently buy the "Sewing Machine Attachment Handbook" by Charlene Phillips that I'm finding quite helpful, but just wondered if you had a link to the info that you read.

Thanks, :D
NO! :( That book sounds wonderful. I will need to look at that.