View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 12:36 PM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Guess what I got to do this morning :roll: :roll: :roll:

My sweet, sweet DH brought lilacs in last night from our enormous bushes on the side of our home. He put them in a vase and set them on my side sewing table in the living room. Wonderful sweet smells filled the air all evening.

HOWEVER, this morning we woke up to find the vase had tipped over and it appeared that the water had all disappeared! NOT! The table is one of those that dips in the center, concave sorta. Under a few stacked bins hold sewing notions was my AOTH book.

Yup, laying in a pool of water. All 70+ pages. Yikes. Well, I had not had a chance yet to take it Kinko's to have one of those spines put on so you can lay the book flat. I could not believe how much water each page could hold and not disintegrate.

Instead, I took the pages apart, very carefully, one by one and they are laying out all over my living room, drying. I have to turn them over often, so they won't stick to the leather furniture. They are drying quite nicely. Next, I will put them in plastic sleeves and set them all in a binder.

Next time we will put a few rocks in the bottom of the vase. Oh, the aroma of those lilacs is so intoxicating. I love them dearly. And my sweet DH also! :-D
Lilacs are heavenly, but were nearly a disaster, weren't they. I'm so glad you are managing to rescue all the pages.