View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 04:37 PM
cabinfever

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
LOL That puts a whole new meaning to "if it fits it ships"!
Hysterical...also applying this to the garbage can someone mentioned was packed with garbage in it too.

When my husband got a new job about 10 years ago, the company paid to move us...as we had never had such a service before I had no idea what to watch out for. Since we lived in temporary housing for over a year with everything is storage, it would have been too late for any claims by then; I think many moving company people know this. I never found my grandma's box of silverware (real antique silver). But among other things we had many dishpacks (you know about 24" square x 30-36" high)...with a layer of short items (about 3" high) then just filled with wads of paper. They were truly "padding" the bill; lucky for us the company paid it. Once we bought a house, it still took over 6 months to unpack as I tried to put everything in it's place as I unpacked. When it was over, I never found half the parts to my food processor (including the lid to make it work), & blender. What possesses people who are packers from separating things that were together on the counter. I had always hoped the parts would eventually pop up; never did. My brother was a mover for a few years & never did such things...so there good guys out there as well; you just never know.
Looooong story...but I'd rather have my relatives help me pack no matter how odd the arrangements...at least you know you still got it all.
Great job dad...good attitude daughter!