View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 12:48 AM
Airwick156

Originally Posted by JanetM
I agree with you completely. I feel as if I am invading the privacy of someone I have never met, and it makes me uncomfortable.

It is not unlike having to settle my in-laws estate when my MIl passed away. I remember bringing home her purse and clothes from the hospital. At one point, I went through her purse and even said to my husband that I felt I shouldn't violate her in that way.

Clearing their home of their 50+ years of collecting was so difficult. All of us chose something in remembrance with the rest going to charity. I thought to myself...is that it?..the sum total of our lives is our stuff?, and when it is disposed of it is as if the person never existed.

Oh boy, I shouldn't have started this. I am a bit emotional right now because my Mom is dying. She has Alzheimer's and in the last week has taken a turn for the worse. My sister and I have tried to prepare ourselves for this, but now that it seems very close, I'm finding it very difficult.
I am so sorry to hear about your mom Janet. Life will still go on without her and she will be in a better place. It will be tough for a while but you will get through it. I and I am sure many many more of us here on the board will keep you and your mom in our prayers. God Bless You Janet.