View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Dragonomine
Banned

Hello everyone! After spending hours googling applique patterns I searched for a quilting forum and there you were! It's fate, I tell ya!

So the basics. I'm Tina, 40, live in Pa. Happily married for 13 years and have a daughter 12 and son 10.

Training wise, all I ever had was a semester of sewing in 7th grade where we made a wrap around skirt. lol Gotta love those. Everything I've learned has been trial and error over the years.

I love to sew costumes, quilt and cross stitch. My last completed quilt I encorporated cross stitched dragons into the blocks. Right now I'm working on a double wedding ring quilt for my brother in law and his fiance. They're getting married in June and I'm praying I get it done in time. I've already seen some awesome patterns I want to start for new quilts. lol

I told my husband I'm going to be just like my granny and have dozens of quilts stacked up to leave to my grandkids when I pass away. (I think I got 5 of hers that were complete and 2 that I finished for her) Anyway, he's all for it. I guess it keeps me out of his hair. ;)

Anyway, I've gone crazy for applique right now so I think I'll be on that kick for at least 3 or 4 quilts. I really love hand sewing the pieces on. It's so relaxing.

I admit I've looked over the first page of your pics from recent quilts you all worked on. They're amazing! I can't wait to get some tips from you all!! I know I def need work on hand quilting but I'm sure I'll find posts on that.

Well, sorry this is long. lol I just got SOOOO excited to find a busy community to join! I already feel at home.