Thread: Keepsake Trip
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 04:57 AM
GlitzyMe

Having moved from NH, Keepsake was one of my favorite spots. You need to plan a day right there in Meredith and Center Harbor to do a store like this. There is so much to see and it can get very frustrating to be that kid in the candy store. I haven't been there for about 6 years but I do miss the character of the old store and the wonderful ladies who happy to chat and help you make decisions instead of getting your money into the register faster. Now I have an independent sewing store here in Florida that is very much like that.....packed with everything a seamstress can dream up. There is one wall of nations that has to be 50' long. Any notion you can think of is there as well as all the different fabric departments. Since it's an hour away I don't go at the drop of a gallon of gas anymore so I plan to get there early and start at the very beginning, taking notes as I go. I leave for lunch at Panera and then go back to see the rest of the store before I gather up all my purchases. If you're going to Keepsake, hop over to Meredith and have lunch at one of the four Inns at the Falls (my sister's SO owns them), enjoy the lake and have a wonderful day. I agree with BellaBoo, it's very disappointing to have someone with you who isn't like-minded. I have learned I'm sometimes the best company for myself on trips like this.